- Now includes a 1 year Roon Subscription
- New 2019 Facelift Model
- Now Manufactured in California
- Dedicated Silent Server for Roon Core
- Premium Intel Core i3 processor for strong and stable performance
Please Note: From 1st of October 2020 the Roon Nucleus and Nucleus+ Core Servers now both include a 1 year Roon Subscription in the price (which is around £120 annually).
This is the new version of the Nucleus, launched in September 2019.
This new version of the Nucleus is identical to the outgoing version in terms of software.
From a specification point of view the new Nucleus can accomodate a 15mm SSD drive, the original could only house a 9mm drive., so you can fit a much larger capacity drive to it if required. There is also a second HDMI output on the new version.
Visually the new model has had a facelift, it now comes in black (as opposed to a very dark gun metal grey) and has a slightly larger frontprint compared to the old version. It is now manufactured at a brand new production facility in California, USA.
Pricing is the same as the outgoing model.
Nucleus is the center of your Roon music system. It’s the housekeeper, the traffic cop, and the brain that takes care of the music in your life. Using Nucleus, Roon manages all your music – on hard drives, NAS, and streaming content from Tidal and Qobuz – and allows you to play it on all the audio devices around your home. Nucleus is the best way to run Roon, at any price.
Just plug Nucleus into your network, connect your hard drives, download Roon remote apps (iOS, Android, macOS, Windows) and you’ll be ready to play music using a growing list of audio devices, and a huge variety of USB DACs.
Aside from being a powerful, fanless music server, what sets Nucleus apart is that it’s powered by Roon OS – a fast and lightweight operating system optimized to do just one thing: browse and play music. Roon is a multi-room, multi-user networked audio platform built to the exacting standards of audiophiles, so it offers features like bit-perfect playback, DSD and PCM upsampling, multichannel playback, and signal path display.
As well as distributing music throughout your home, Nucleus also offers the very finest performance possible when connected to a USB DAC. A computer source has never sounded this good before.
- Manages your music stored on USB hard drives, NAS, and streamed content from TIDAL
- Runs Roon OS and is controlled by the Roon apps for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows
- Streams music to Sonos®, AirPlay®, Devialet, KEF, Roon Ready, Meridian, USB, and Squeezebox audio devices
- Silent design with no fans or moving parts
- Nucleus employs a premium Intel Core i3 processor for strong and stable performance
- Control4 and Creston drivers available for home automation systems
Intel NUC i3 processor, 4GB RAM, 64GB OS SSD
267mm (W) x 267mm (D) x 61mm (H)
2 x USB 3 ports, 2 x HDMI, 1 x Thunderbolt, 1 x Internal 2.5” HDD/SSD bay