- Please Get in Touch for Pricing
- Entry Level Stereo Power Amp
- Ideal Partnered with TL2.5i Preamp
- Great value for money
VTL ST85 Stereo Power Amplifier
The ST85 is the entry level stereo power amp from VTL. It is the natural partner to go with the ST2.5i preamp the ST85 delivers a meaty 60 watts channel and gives you a full taste of the VTL sound. Utilising 4 EL34 tubes, which is a classic workhorse tube design and works exceptionally well with a short signal path which makes it ideal for use in a VTL, what with their simple circuit ethos.
The ST85 works best with a standmount or smaller floorstanding speaker and sounds smooth and sweet, but don’t mistake that as being dull and laid back. It is dynamic and incredibly well balanced. With the right speaker this is a devastingly capable power amp.
With RCA inputs, a pair of conventional binding posts (that accept both spades and 4mm plugs), and a switch to alternate between tetrode and triode, the rear panel is nice and simple.
VTL Tetrode-Triode Switching Capability
The VTL range of power amplifiers offer a unique feature that makes them even more flexible: On-the-spot switching between tetrode and triode modes of operation that is easy to reach and user switchable.
At lower volume levels, and with efficient speakers, the sound of the triode mode offers a level of delicacy, liquidity, and sweetness to vocals, chamber and jazz instrumental quartets and solo instruments with 3-D imaging in the mid-range that will get you even closer to the real event.
Tetrode mode offers the detail, soundstage width and depth, and weight to the music that on large-scale orchestral or big band will transport you to the concert hall with all the visceral power and detail rendition of your favorite music.
- Compact Stereo Amplifier ideal for entry level systems
- Musical sounding EL34 tubes in the output stage
- Tetrode/Triode Switchable
- 60 Watts per channel in tetrode
- 30 Watts per channel in triode
- Extruded aluminum front panel with luxurious, modern look – black and silver options available
- Front panel comes with a window of thick tinted glass where you can see the glow of tubes
60 Watts per channel in tetrode, 30 Watts per channel in triode
4 x EL34, 4 x 12AT7
W x D x H 400 x 300 x 180 mm