- Entry Level VTL Phonostage
- Please Get in Touch for Pricing
- Adjustable cartridge loading
- Hear your Vinyl like never before!
VTL TP2.5 Series II Phono Stage
The TP2.5 Series II is a beautifully built phono preamp with a superbly dynamic and rich sound. Wonderfully transparent and a quick demonstration will show you that its ability to unlock previously hidden detail, texture and nuances in recordings is second to none.
Delivering a large measure of the musicality and resolution of its much more expensive stablemate, the TP6.5 Signature, the new TP2.5 offers dramatic improvements in speed, delicacy, nuance and drive.
Crafted with a similar high quality build and finish as VTL’s more expensive models, the TP2.5 has an elegant silhouette, and the features to match. With an eye toward flexibility and user friendliness, the 2.5 offers user-adjustable cartridge impedance, and two levels of gain, with inputs for both MC and MM cartridges. JFET/tube hybrid circuitry is used for the MC stage, and all-tube circuitry for the MM stage. Enhanced RIAA compensation and a front-panel switchable rumble filter offer even more functionality. The signal path is purposely kept simple and direct, with audiophile-grade components throughout, for ultimate sonic purity.
With the new TP2.5 phono stage, VTL have created an entry to true high-end analog sound. The VTL ‘family’ genes of highly resolved detail, linearity and controlled bass are all there, along with a musicality, depth and spaciousness you won’t find in most phono stages. For the true music lover seeking to capture the special magic that only a fine analog system can provide, the new TP2.5 Series II phono stage is an essential component.
- Low noise hybrid JFET/tube active MC stage, and pure tube MM stage
- Separate MM and MC inputs
- User-switchable MC resistive cartridge loading with 6 settings: 100Ω, 250Ω, 470Ω, 1kΩ, 4k7Ω, 47kΩ
- User- switchable MC gain settings of 62dB and 56dB
- Innovative low feedback, low insertion loss split pole RIAA filter
- User-switchable Enhanced RIAA function
- Buffered output for driving low impedances through any cable
- Zero microprocessor noise
- Front panel Power, Rumble and Mute switches
- Audiophile-grade components throughout, including REL caps
- Toroidal power transformer with comprehensive AC RF filtering
|Vacuum Tube Complement||1 x 12AU7||2 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AT7|
|Inputs||1 pair single-ended RCA||1 pair single-ended RCA|
|Outputs||1 pair single-ended RCA|
|Gain (Total 62dB)||56 dB or 62 dB||42 dB|
|Frequency Response +0 -1 dB||10Hz – 50kHz|
|Maximum Output Voltage <1% THD||20V|
|Cartridge load impedance||Variable: 100Ω, 250Ω, 470Ω, 1kΩ, 4k7Ω, 47kΩ||47kΩ, 100kΩ|
|Minimum Recommended Cartridge Output||0.2 mV||1.5 mV|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||50 dB||56 dB|
|Channel Separation||> 50dB (20 Hz – 20 kHz)|
|Dimensions W x D x H||19 x 14 x 3.75″ / 48.25 x 35.5 x 9.5 cm|
|Weight||25 lbs (11.34 kg) packed|
MC = 1 x 12AU7, MM = 2 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AT7
W x D x H 482.5 x 355 x 95 mm