- On Demonstration Now
- £29,800 in black or white Velvetec
- £30,300 in Velvetec Colours
- £31,800 in black or white lacquer
- Effortless performance
- Part Exchange Welcome
Vimberg Mino Loudspeakers
Vimberg Mino Loudspeakers
The Vimberg Mino is the middle model in the Vimberg range, standing almost 1.3m high and weighing 159 pounds per speaker, so not insubstantial in terms of size and weight!
With all Vimberg models there is a choice of a black or white finish, the standard finish is their unique ‘Velvetec’, which is a textured matt finish which contains tiny ceramic beads in, it looks superb in both black and white and is very durable, in either black or white Velvetec the Mino are £29,800 a pair.
There are images on the internet of Mino’s in green, orange, blue and grey – these are all custom Velvetec finishes and are available for £30,300 a pair.
High Gloss Lacquer Black and White are also available and this 2 finishes are £31,800
The housing that surrounds the tweeter and mid-range driver units on the front of the cabinet is by default silver on a black speaker and black on a silver speaker.
Brass and Copper are available as cost options for this plate and adds £400 to the price, with this option the badge is also changed to match.
Designed and manufactured in the Tidal Audio factory in Germany, the level of care and almost obsessive attention to detail speaks for itself when you hear a pair of Vimberg loudspeakers, the level of purity, clarity and finesse they deliver is quite astounding, the 3 x 168mm Accuton bass drivers in the Mino shift enough air to give them serious weight and bass extension.
The Mino comes with as standard 30 mm ceramic tweeter or you have the option to have a 30 mm diamond tweeter. With Vimberg unique crossover technology using Dueland & Mundorf the ceramic tweeter offers a clarity and openness in the high frequency level rarely heard. And for those who want to have the ultimate level of clarity & openness there is the 30 mm pure diamond tweeter option this is simply called the Mino D. The Diamond tweeter adds £8500 to the price.
The Mino is being equipped with a 90 mm Accuton ceramic midrange woofer. Despite of its very hard and light diaphragm Vimberg have managed to integrate this driver without any kind resonances at all and blend it perfectly into the tweeter and the woofers. Like no other – The integration between all of the drive units is incredible, there is a seamless transition both up and down the frequencies, and the speaker is absolutely linear, no bass humps or artificial treble spikes like some speakers do to pull you in and impress you initially.
The midrange unit is installed into a massive aluminium front plate. This reinforces the construction of the Mino and in combination with the resonance absorbing waterproof HDF fibre laminate the unit gives extremely tight hold to the drivers for utmost precision.
The tweeter and mid-range drive units in the Mino are identical to those in the Tonda.
As mentioned above the bass drivers are 3 x 168 mm Accuton woofers with 3D shaped honeycomb sandwich diaphragm made out of aluminium. These woofers run in a perfectly calculated volume of air volume inside the Mino cabinet to reproduce an extreme fast and deep bass, quite something to behold! The bass drivers in the Mino are installed into the same style aluminium plate as the mid-range driver to eliminate cabinet resonance and maintain absolute accuracy.
The Mino crossover is second to none in design and effort. Not only the are the components and execution exceptional, more important the topology was designed specifically for these drive units for the Mino. All this corresponds into superb off-axis performance, an ultra linear frequency response and incredible timing. Also the drivers are perfectly blended into each other without having any kind of resonance left. And the real kicker: no impedance drops and low efficiency. Like no other.
Both the Mino and Tonda come with rather substantial feet! One bar across the front another another across the back. Each bar is milled out of one block of aluminium, a complex shape with many different angles. This stand then is connected to a 5-part isolation device with a Teflon-glider inlay to have the very best isolation and height adjustment to different grounds such as hardwood floors, tiles or even carpet.
We have the Vimberg Mino on permanent demonstration so if you would like to find out just how special these speakers are please get in touch to arrange a demonstration, the level of purity and clarity they deliver is an another level to just about every other speaker out there and they never fail to impress. They are as close to listening to no speaker as I have ever experienced, they really are invisible.
They not difficult to drive either, they deserve a good amplifier to get them sounding to their best obviously, but with Vitus and T+A we have aspect covered.
- 3-way fullrange loudspeaker
- VIMBERG™ MRD-cabinet made out of waterproof high density fiberlaminate and reinfocring aluminum elements for all drivers
- 1 x 30 mm Accuton™ Cell ceramic tweeter
- 1 x 90 mm Accuton™ Cell ceramic midrange woofer
- 3 x 168 mm Accuton™ Cell woofer, long excursion design with 3D shaped honeycomb sandwich diaphragm
- optional: 30mm Accuton™ Cell diamond tweeter (Mino D), also upgradeable anytime later
- highend Mogami™ speaker cable wiring inside, Argento™ binding posts
- highend crossover with VIMBERG™ monopulse technology: linear frequency response with optimized impulse response
- exclusive use of Mundorf™ & Duelund™ components
- Dual-Tune bassreflex port design for lowest port noise and selectable F3
- Decoupling height adjustable isolation gliders and 3D-shaped installation triggers for optimized setup and placement to every floor
- Exclusive VIMBERG™ real piano lacquer: summit white or jet black
- nominal impedance: 4 ohm (lowest point: 3.8 ohm at 100Hz)
- efficiency at 2.83V/1m/1KHz: 89dB
- Weight without packagaing: 2 x 72 Kg (2 x 159 lbs.)
- Weight incl. packaging: 2 x 83 Kg (2 x 183 lbs.)
- Weight incl. optional ATA flightcases: 2 x 108 Kg (2 x 238 lbs.)
- Shipment dimensions: W 40cm x L 155 cm x H 60 cm
4 Ohm (3.8 Ohm @ 100 Hz)
159 Pounds per Speaker
Summit White or Jet Black
1280mm High x 424mm Wide x 524mm Deep