- Flagship Vimberg Speaker
- Effortless performance
- Spellbinding level of clarity & purity
- Accuton Drive Units
- Part Exchange Welcome
Vimberg Tonda Loudspeakers
Vimberg Tonda Loudspeakers
The Vimberg Tonda is the flagship model in the Vimberg range, standing almost 1.5m high and weighing 212 pounds per speaker.
The default finish for the Tonda is High Gloss Lacquer Black or White and they are £37,800 a pair.
Velvetec finishes in black, white or colours are POA, Vimberg find their Tonda orders are overwhelmingly in Gloss, lead times on other finishes are variable.
Designed and manufactured in the Tidal Audio factory in Germany, the level of care and almost obsessive attention to detail speakers for itself when you hear a pair of Vimberg loudpeakers, the level of purity, clarity and finesse you can get from is quite astounding, the 3 x 190mm Accuton bass drivers in the Tonda shift enough air to give them serious weight and bass extension.
The Tonda comes with as standard 30 mm ceramic tweeter or you have the option to have a 30 mm diamond tweeter. With Vimberg unique crossover technology using Dueland & Mundorf the ceramic tweeter offers a clarity and openness in the high frequency level rarely heard. And for those who want to have the ultimate level of clarity & openness there is the 30 mm pure diamond tweeter option this is simply called the Tonda D. The diamond tweeter is £8500.
The Tonda is being equipped with a 90 mm Accuton ceramic midrange woofer. Despite of its very hard and light diaphragm Vimberg have managed to integrate this driver without any kind resonances at all and blend it perfectly into the tweeter and the woofers. Like no other – The integration between all of the drive units is incredible, there is a seamless transition both up and down the frequencies, and the speaker is absolutely linear, no bass humps or artificial treble spikes like some speakers do to pull you in and impress you initially. The midrange unit of the Tonda is installed into a massive aluminum front plate. This reinforces the construction of the Tonda and in combination with the resonance absorbing waterproof HDF fibre laminate the unit gives extremely tight hold to the drivers for utmost precision.
As mentioned above the bass drivers are 3 x 190 mm Accuton woofers with 3D shaped honeycomb sandwich diaphragm made out of aluminium. These woofers run in a perfectly calculated volume of air volume inside the Tonda cabinet to reproduce an extreme fast and deep bass, quite something to behold!
The Tonda crossover is second to none in design and effort. Not only the are the components and execution exceptional, more important the topology was designed specifically for these drive units for the Tonda. All this corresponds into superb off-axis performance, an ultra linear frequency response and incredible timing. Also the drivers are perfectly blended into each other without having any kind of resonance left. And the real kicker: no impedance drops and low efficiency. Like no other.
All Vimberg floorstanders come with massive feet! This is milled out of one block aluminum, a complex shape with many different angles. This stand then is connected to a 5-part isolation device with a Teflon-glider inlay to have the very best isolation and height adjustment to different grounds such as hardwood floors, tiles or even carpet.
- 3-way fullrange loudspeaker
- VIMBERG™ MRD-cabinet made out of waterproof high density fiberlaminate and reinfocring aluminum elements for all drivers
- 1 x 30 mm Accuton™ Cell ceramic tweeter
1 x 168 mm Accuton™ Cell ceramic midrange woofer
3 x 190 mm Accuton™ Cell woofer, long excursion design with 3D shaped honeycomb sandwich diaphragm
- optional: 30mm Accuton™ Cell diamond tweeter (Tonda D), also upgradeable anytime later
- highend Mogami™ speaker cable wiring inside, Argento™ pure silver binding posts
- highend crossover with VIMBERG™ monopulse technology: linear frequency response with optimized impulse response, exclusive use of Mundorf™ & Duelund™ components
- Dual-Tune bassreflex port design for lowest port noise and selectable F3
- Decoupling height adjustable isolation gliders and 3D-shaped installation triggers for optimized setup and placement to every floor
- nominal impedance: 4 ohm (lowest point: 3.4 ohm at 100Hz)
- efficiency at 2.83V/1m/1KHz: 90dB
- Exclusive VIMBERG™ real piano lacquer: summit white or jet black
- Weight without packaging: 2 x 96 Kg (2 x 212 lbs.)
- Weight with packagaing: 2 x 110 Kg (2 x 243 lbs.)
- Weight with optional ATA-flightcase: 2 x 142 Kg (2 x 313 lbs.)
- Shipment dimensions: W 40 cm x L 170 cm x H 64 cm
4 ohm (dips to 3.5 ohms at 100hz)
Summit White or Jet Black
1440 High x 439 Wide x 650 Deep (mm)