- £11,400 in Velvetec Black or White
- £13,600 in Gloss Piano Black or White
- Typical Vimberg performance, just in a smaller package!
- Rear Facing Bass Radiator
Vimberg Amea Loudspeakers
The Vimberg Amea is the smallest model in the Vimberg range, but please don’t think of it as an entry level or ‘cheap’ Vimberg, it offers the same level of performance as the Mino and Tonda, but has been designed to work in much smaller rooms.
You get also get the Amea in a finish called Velvetec, which is a matt, textured finish, it still looks incredibly luxurious and is possibly more durable than the high gloss option, these are priced at £11,400 a pair.
Designed and manufactured in the Tidal Audio factory in Germany, the level of care and almost obsessive attention to detail speakers for itself when you hear a pair of Vimberg loudpeakers, the level of purity, clarity and finesse you can get from them is quite astounding.
The Amea comes with as standard 30 mm ceramic tweeter or you have the option to have a 30 mm diamond tweeter. With Vimberg unique crossover technology using Dueland & Mundorf the ceramic tweeter offers a clarity and openness in the high frequency level rarely heard. And for those who want to have the ultimate level of clarity & openness there is the 30 mm pure diamond tweeter option this is simply called the Amea D.
The Amea is being equipped with a 173 mm Accuton ceramic midrange/bass driver. This driver has a very hard and light diaphragm and Vimberg managed to successfully integrate this driver without any kind of resonances at all and blend it perfectly into the tweeter and the rear facing drive unit, this is a 220mm Accuton passive radiator.
This drive unit is designed to operate in a perfectly calculated volume of air volume inside the Amea cabinet to reproduce extreme fast, agile and deep bass.
The Amea crossover is second to none in design and effort. Not only the are the components and execution exceptional, more important the topology was designed specifically for these drive units for use in the Amea. All this corresponds into superb off-axis performance, an ultra linear frequency response and incredible timing. Also the drivers are perfectly blended into each other without having any kind of resonance left. And the real kicker: no impedance drops and low efficiency.
The whole high-midrange/HF unit of the Vimberg Amea is installed into a massive aluminum front plate, as is the rear facing drive unit as well. This reinforces the construction of the Amea and in combination with the resonance absorbing waterproof HDF fibre laminate the unit gives extremely tight hold to the drivers for the utmost precision.
Each Vimberg loudspeaker uses original Argento binding posts. Being moulded out of a fibre-reinforced polymer it avoids any kind of magnetically interference with the conductor itself. Internally each Vimbeeg speaker is being wired with Mogami cabling.
- 2-way fullrange loudspeaker
- VIMBERG™ MRD-cabinet with decoupled aluminium high-midrange mounting plate
- 1 x 30 mm Accuton™ Cell ceramic tweeter
- 1 x 173 mm Accuton™ ceramic midrange woofer
- 1 x 220 mm Accuton™ passive radiator
- optional: 30mm Accuton™ Cell diamond tweeter (Amea D), also upgradeable anytime later
- highend Mogami™ speaker cable wiring inside, Argento™ pure silver binding posts
- highend crossover with VIMBERG™ monopulse technology: linear frequency response with optimized impulse response
- exclusive use of Mundorf™ & Duelund™ components
- Exclusive VIMBERG™ real piano lacquer: summit white or jet black
Summit White or Jet Black
504mm High x 230mm Wide x 390mm Deep